Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Leatherneck. Leather hands.

It's been about 2 years for this blog. I've crashed as a blogger lately and not posted anything the past few weeks. I'm now re-evaluating this blog's purpose and my use of time.

This blog as it has evolve has not served the (somewhat self-centered) purpose I originally intended. I thought I'd journal much more and write more in depth than I have. It turns out that much of what I "need" to write I can't share publicly. I could only write "the good stuff" if I was completely anonymous on this blog.

However, I'm known to family and friends and much of what I deal with in "Eldering/Pastoring" a local church can't be shared in the the open without being anonymous. Ergo, most the things I need to work out through writing and arguably the most interesting things I have to write about can't see the light of day. At least not on this blog.

To mess up a quote of my namesake "Oh bother. What to do? What to do?"

Other than that, been busy physically and emotionally watching the Son&Heir launch himself as a US Marine. That's made for a bit of excitement and melancholy that has limited my writing.

Today he graduated from Marine Combat Training and is enroute to LAX to fly to his A-school as I write this. He's on his own now. Manhood is upon him -- and he's got the hands to prove it.
Leatherneck. Leatherhands.

1 comment:

virgil xenophon said...

Well, good luck and God-speed to your son. Keep the gang posted on his progress. EVERYBODYs got to hang tough these days...