Sunday, July 5, 2009

Leaving the plantation?

Or at least sneaking off at night?



Colin Powell is cautiously breaking voicing some concerns with the man he voted for last fall.

Hey, it was an "historic" vote! How's that working out for you General?

To wit, this quote from this Washington Times article:

"I don't like slogans anymore like 'limited government.' That's not the right answer. The right answer is, give me a government that works," he said. "Keep it as small as possible. Keep the tax burden on the American people as small as possible, but at the same time, have government that is solving the problems of the people."

Even allowing for his criticism of the term "limited government." I was rolling with him right up to the last of the last part of the quote about "solving the problems of the people."

I don't know about you but I don't WANT government to solve my problems. What problems has .gov solved?

Make no mistake about it, 999 out of 1000 times, Government IS the problem.

I want a government that stays within it's constitutional bounds and leaves me free to pursue life, liberty and happiness.

Oh yeah, in case you missed it... That means I am MOST DEFINITELY for "limited government."

Me and the 10th Amendment? We're tight!

No comments: