Monday, August 24, 2009

College course crashers

First day of classes at the local college. These two got to crash before they even made it to first day of Fall term classes needing "crashed."

I was just a bit behind daughter #1 and her Taurus this morning on my way to work. I didn't actually see it happen but did see the great cloud of smoke from skidding tires. It was like the first turn at Daytona. Traffic backed up as the college turn off approached and then slowed suddenly -- too suddenly for the young woman behind her in the Chevy Cobalt.


The Chevy got the worst of it -- and should get the bill. /heh


ooo, owie, owie...


I was glad I was there to help them get off the road -- they were a bit amp'd up and hadn't thought to step over the railing to a safer spot. The traffic was crazy out there.

1 comment:

Braxton Hicks said...

I remember that stretch of highway. The California lifestyle = Racing with the Devil at 90 mph on the highway so that you can relax in the hot tub.