Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Rahm's Roundup

Lex posted a dandy roundup of the Democrat's dilemma on healthcare -- maintaining th necessary coalition of votes while not losing their Congressional majority in 2010.
LINK


I wonder if some of the electorate are starting to ask themselves “What healthcare crisis?”

I wonder how many of them saw the study that reported that on average the uninsured American is more satisfied with the healthcare they receive than the average Canadian who gets “the government option?”

Deo Volente, enough folks are questioning just how big a change we should risk in order to fix a 5% problem.


I watched my Dad as a hospital adminstrator in the 70's struggle with increasing government controls (Nixon's wage and price controls not the least of it). I learned a lot about the market distortions and unintended consequences of government involvement.

No comments: