This 12 point plan for economic growth and recovery from "American Solutions" and Newt...
Washington solutions of more money for more government, more power for politicians, more debt, and more bureaucrats will not lead to real growth in jobs and prosperity.
We need a clear and decisive alternative that creates jobs and rewards work, saving, and investment.
1. Payroll Tax Stimulus. With a temporary new tax credit to offset 50% of the payroll tax, every small business would have more money, and all Americans would take home more of what they earn.
2. Real Middle-Income Tax Relief. Reduce the marginal tax rate of 25% down to 15%, in effect establishing a flat-rate tax of 15% for close to 9 out of 10 American workers.
3. Reduce the Business Tax Rate. Match Ireland’s rate of 12.5% to keep more jobs in America.
4. Homeowner’s Assistance. Provide tax credit incentives to responsible home buyers so they can keep their homes.
5. Control Spending So We Can Move to a Balanced Budget. This begins with eliminating Congressional earmarks and wasteful pork-barrel spending.
6. No State Aid Without Protection From Fraud. Require state governments to adopt anti-fraud and anti-theft policies before giving them more money.
7. More American Energy Now. Explore for more American oil and gas and invest in affordable energy for the future, including clean coal, ethanol, nuclear power and renewable fuels.
8. Abolish Taxes on Capital Gains. Match China, Singapore and many other competitors. More investment in America means more jobs in America.
9. Protect Our Right to Vote in the Workplace. We must protect a worker’s right to decide by secret ballot whether to join a union.
10. Replace Sarbanes-Oxley. This failed law is crippling entrepreneurial startups. Replace it with affordable rules that help create jobs, not destroy them.
11. Abolish the Death Tax. Americans should work for their families, not for Washington.
12. Invest in Energy and Transportation Infrastructure. This includes a new, expanded electric power grid and a 21st century air traffic control system that will reduce delays in air travel and save passengers, employees and airlines billions of dollars per year.
Any bones to pick with it? Anything missing?
#5 Control Spending? Great idea. Unfortunately it's become a trite and cliche'd soundbite.
How about we quit pussy footing around the issue and advocate serious structural Reaganesque change? We should lobby for elimination of completely unnecessary, obsolete and unsuccessful departments of government. I'm not even going get into the constitutionality discussion about some these dept's. Let's just talk ROE and reduncancy. Start with the Dept of Energy, BATFE, Commerce, Education and HHS. That's just to show it can be done. The is way longer than that.
#12 sounds squishy and poll driven to me. ATC system? Is it THAT big an issue? How about directly advocating safe nuke construction and removing Carter era restrictions on post processing waste? I guess he got some o' dat buried in #7.