Thursday, July 31, 2008

Preciousssss

It's been a while since I put up any gun pron so here's a tease...

That's my Hellerbration commemorative purchase; a S&W Model 34-1 "32/22 Kit gun" (so-called because it's small enough to carry in your kit as a knockabout utility pistol for fishing trips or what have you). It's caliber is 22 LR and was made on the old 32 frame -- hence 32/22 designator.

This little nickel plated beauty made in 1971 has never been fired (except at factory). Methinks that's about to change. I didn't realize that when I initially decided to purchase it. I have been holding it a bit whilst having an internal debate about whether to initiate it at the local range or hold in as new in it's box.

I think I'll take it out soon and let my youngest daughter do the honors.

Before we go, here's one more photo for scale next to it's larger blued 22LR sibling a S&W 17-4 with 8 3/8" barrel.

No comments: