Friday, July 11, 2008

update


Now thaz wha' I'm talkin' 'bout.

Finished and at a nice height. The bar is up over 8'. A 6ft'r like me needs a little hop to grip it and gets a good full hang with no ground contact (snap, crackle pop as the spine extends, ahhhhh).

The man at Home Depot was nice enough to cut and rethread the pipe to length gratis. Some 2 inch #12 screws, my trusty old Makita 9vdc drill and a step ladder and Presto, Voila!

Feels like monsoon weather is upon us. I haven't noticed if hurricanes are forming off southern Baja but it's pickin' humid. Well, at least for this part of the country. I was soaked just finishing this little job. Well that and moving a pile of scrap cedar fencing to the back by the woodpile and sawbuck(to be cut into kindling).

The black widows and ants had taken ownership of that wood pretty serious. Was a bug slapfest just getting through that wood pile.

No comments: