Saturday, July 26, 2008

By our love...

getting late, wrapping sermon prep for tomorrow morning (Fruit of Spirit, Faith, Galations 5:22), mind's getting a bit twisted... in search of momemtary brian flush/refresh. came across this one. Yeah, well at least I thought it was funny. ;-)


I was waiting at the train station this morning, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off as a train approached.
So I ran over and said "Stop! Don't do it!" He said "Why shouldn't I?".
I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!" He said, "Like what?"
I said, "Well, are you religious or atheist?" He said, "Religious."
I said, "Me too! …Are you Christian or Buddhist?" He said, "Christian."
I said, "Me too! …Are you Catholic or Protestant?" He said, "Protestant."
I said, "Me too! …Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?" He said, "Baptist!"
I said, "Wow! Me too!…Are you Baptist church of God or Baptist church of the Lord?" He said, "Baptist church of God!"
I said, "Me too! Are you original Baptist church of God, or are you reformed Baptist church of God?" He said, "Reformed Baptist church of God!"
I said, "Me too! Are you reformed Baptist church of God, reformation of 1879, or reformed Baptist church of God, reformation of 1915?"
He said, "Reformed Baptist church of God, reformation of 1915!"
I said, "Die, heretic scum"…and pushed him off.

No comments: